Following the release of the National Standard of Canada for Mental Health and Well-Being for Post-Secondary Students in the Fall of 2020, there were several opportunities to get introduced to the standard and explore the tools that have been created to support it’s implementation.
Below, we compiled a list of opportunities to engage with the standard. We hope that this list serves as a helpful starting point!
Get introduced to the National Standard:
- Learn about the standard and access your copy
- Download the Starter Kit
- Email the MHCC team to join their mailing list: [email protected]
- Join the CORE (Centre for Outreach, Resources, and Engagement) community
- Watch the recording from the HCA webinar, An introduction to the new National Standard of Canada for Mental Health and Well-Being for Post-Secondary Students (February 4, 2021). During this session, attendees were introduced to the Standard, and learned about the available tools and resources to support their alignment with it (available through CORE, on the CSA Community). This was followed by an engaging discussion aimed at giving members the space to connect and think-through important considerations related to implementation, and how the work they are already doing meets the guidelines of the Standard.
- CACUSS Workshop Series about the Standard
- Watch the recording from CICMH’s webinar, Getting started with the Standard within the COVID-19 context and beyond (October 14th, 2020)
If you know of any additional resources or opportunities to engage with the new National Standard, we would love to hear from you. You can contact us here.